We all have one of those days from time to time. We don’t feel like doing anything, have a sore throat, a splitting headache, feel blue, spent the whole night with a teething child, whatever. However, we have to go to work and teach the best we can. After all, we are the teachers, right?
This is an activity which will let you relax while your students will be creating tasks, writing, speaking, and correcting one another. All you need to do is to prepare a photo (take the one I enclosed or ask the students to choose one from their phones) and recall what you want them to revise.
Once they have a photo, ask them to:
- write a couple of sentences with a given structure,
- describe it using 7 words from the previous lessons,
- make a dialogue between the people or objects there,
- make a story entitled: 'A nightmare in my neighbourhood’,
- make an exam writing task for a partner and then write it following all the requirements,
When they finish, ask the students to check each other’s works. Monitor and help, enjoying a sip of hot coffee every now and again.