Here is the second part of the revision game for E8 and basic matura students who want to practise grammar and vocabulary. This time we are revising the following topics: Travelling, Culture, Sport & Health, Science and Technology, Nature, Crime and Social Life. Have fun.
It’s already April but there’s still plenty of time to revise before the exams. It’s a game you can play with your E8 and basic matura students to revise vocabulary and grammar of the first seven exam topics: Man, House, School, Work, Social Life, Food and Shopping. Have fun.
Here it is. The most charming season in the whole year. Maybe not in full blossom yet, but you may already see its first signs. So why don’t you go out for a stroll, listen to the birds singing, look up in the sky? I’m sure you’ll spot some returning finches or storks. Have a close look at the little buds on the tree twigs and the tiny blooming crocuses or windflowers under your feet. Breathe in the still cool but refreshing air. And simply enjoy the first spring sun rays on your cheeks. Afterwards just enjoy a cup of your favourite coffee while your students are dealing with the English spring tasks.
Surprise your students and take them on a spree to some British Public Houses. Do they know how to behave there? What to say? Are they keen on learning interesting facts about those undoubtedly remarkable places? Enjoy our new quiz and… bottoms up!
This is a ready lesson which can be used just after summer holidays when you want to revise summer vocabulary with your students, analyze their needs and set the goals for the next school year. The lesson consists of several pages which can be used as a whole or separately depending on your class’s level and needs. You may practice all skills here: listening, reading, writing, but mainly speaking. There’s also a vocabulary game included which you can adjust to your needs. Since the tasks are quite general you have a possibility to play with them, make them more or less difficult, expand or omit something. The material is quite specific because it’s based on my summer courses but I do hope you will be able to use it in your class as well.
This is a vocabulary revision game for E8 and other intermediate students. Let your students try their hand in the ‘Secret word’ alphabet game. The game is obviously just a starting point. After playing the game I suggest one or two of the following follow-up tasks:
- Give your students 2-3 minutes. They must add one more word to as many letters as possible.
- Choose one letter. Give your students 2-3 minutes. They must write down as many words as possible beginning with this letter.
- Ask your students to give the definitions of the words which were not the correct answers in the game.
- Some of the words which were not the correct answers actually are fake words, they do not exist. Ask your students to identify them and then to give them meaning and write definitions.
- Ask your students to make stories in pairs or small groups in which they’d use the ‘fake words’ in the ‘new meaning’. It will be the other group’s task to deduce the meaning of the fake words from the context.
- Give your students one exam topic, for example, School, Social Life or Sport and 2-3 minutes to write as many words beginning with a chosen letter as possible.
- Give your students one exam topic, for example, Work, Food or Culture and 2-3 minutes to write as many words each beginning with a different letter as possible.
- Give your students a few exam topics, for example, Health, Nature, House, Man, Shopping, Crime and Science. Choose one letter. Let the students write one word in each category beginning with this letter.
I guess everyone knows the game ‘I have… Who has…?’ This one is useful if you want to revise Work vocabulary with your 8th Grade Students. Ideal as a warm-up or an end of lesson activity. Here is the link for you: